Thursday, November 18, 2010

"and God talked with him"

That's all I really want. Is for God to talk with me. With the season I'm in and the books I've been reading, and the shows I've come across, the name "God" has become so impersonal. I am glad that the true children of God know Him by His holy names, that way we can feel closer to Him and it truly does put things in perspective. People can blaspheme, abuse the name of "God" all they want, of course I do not approve, but I know Him through the fullness of His name. Amen.

The other evening I was reading my Bible, flipping through like I normally do and ended up at Genesis. I was glad I ended up at Genesis because I wasn't in a "psalms" or "proverbs," or even "new testament" mood.

Genesis 17:1-5,

1And when Abram was ninety years old and nine, the LORD appeared to Abram, and said unto him, I am the Almighty God; walk before me, and be thou perfect.

2And I will make my covenant between me and thee, and will multiply thee exceedingly.

3And Abram fell on his face: and God talked with him, saying,

4As for me, behold, my covenant is with thee, and thou shalt be a father of many nations.

5Neither shall thy name any more be called Abram, but thy name shall be Abraham; for a father of many nations have I made thee.

When I read verse 3, "And Abram fell on his face: and God talked with him, saying," I knew I had my next blog post. This is my life's desire. To worship GOD and have Him "talk with me." Sigh, it makes me smile ever so slightly and fills my entire being with joyfulness. The fullness of GOD my God. To have Him know you by name and even change your name to meet His holiness (see v. 5).

I knew I had found the core of my life in this very verse. All I have been saying for more than a year now: "I just want to love God." Loving Him is to worship Him and to worship Him is to obey His commands ("and be thou perfect," v. 1), and to delight in them.

I am so glad I got to blog this. Bless you all much this great day and this holiday season.

Best,
Whitney


2 comments:

  1. I am right with you Wit...... wow this is one of my desires to have God talk to me... I want to be so close to God that people see God through me.... thanks for posting this wit... Love ya!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're so right with this post. It's funny that I would run across it now because I just got back from church having a talk with God. Just me and Jesus in the sanctuary. Lights off, nobody else in the building. It's a good time, place, and feeling.

    God bless you for verbalizing what many of us feel.
    Scott

    ReplyDelete

May the Lord bless you. And, please leave a link to your blog as well so that I can stop by and visit! ;)