Monday, August 23, 2010

How do you encourage yourself?

The question is not, how do you keep on? Or, what do you have to live for, or why haven't you given up; because I know you're not going to give up. Why? Because you know too much. So. The question is, How do you encourage yourself?

I encourage myself by recounting the dreams and visions He has gave me. I encourage myself by remembering the events that occurred while I was considering the LORD. Like, the time I asked Him aloud how I could be close to Him-- my heart was distraught. I looked out my window that dark and quiet night, and saw one streak of lightning in the sky. I cried silently and went back to my room. And, the week I was anointed with the Holy Ghost. The audible voice of God that I heard that week. I said aloud, "Really?," asking God whenever I spoke aloud "to myself," was I really speaking to Him? and He answered through the voice of my sleeping Dad in the next room, "Yes, Really." I encourage myself because of the gift of tongues. Knowing that not all have been given this, and how earnestly we all want it deep down.

So again my question is.
How do you encourage yourself?

Keep me Father. Your strength is my own.

Your beloved,
Whitney


2 comments:

  1. you are invited to follow my blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. so glad you left that comment, brother. just now joining your blog. so glad that i am! bless you even more so!!

    whitney

    ReplyDelete

May the Lord bless you. And, please leave a link to your blog as well so that I can stop by and visit! ;)