Monday, April 13, 2009

Daddy's Girl

Fathers in the lives of children represent our relationship to God the Father, yet in a natural, earthly sense. A quote by G. Craige Lewis that I'll probably never forget, paraphrased: "The way we relate to our earthly father is an example of how we relate to our Heavenly Father."

Was never a daddy's girl. I wish I had been. Perhaps if I had related to my Dad the way I now relate to my Father God, I would have been kept from a lot of life-altering experiences I had growing up... or better yet, if my Dad had related to me, his daughter, the way God relates to His children, perhaps I would have been kept from a lot of life-altering experiences I had growing up.

I mean, nothing detrimental happened, technically... praise God. But, if I had been raised in a Christian-grounded home...

I think about it at times, yet I thank God for the parents I do have and that they are still married. There are so many types of broken homes. Homes broken by divorce, separation, the spiritually dead... the list goes on. I try to stay encouraged by encouraging myself in the Lord just as David did in the book of Samuel:

1 Samuel 30:6
And David was greatly distressed; for the people spake of stoning him, because the soul of all the people was grieved, every man for his sons and for his daughters: but David encouraged himself in the LORD his God.

It's just more fuel to the fire that I have within my heart to raise my children in a spiritually on-fire for Christ home. To give them the life I'd hoped for. I thank God for that peace... the peace of knowing that the generation to come, Lord willing, will be trained up in the ways of Jesus Christ:

Proverbs 22:6
Train up a child in the way he should go: and when he is old, he will not depart from it.

I'm glad that I was able to find Christ in 2006; the best decision I've made in my entire life. I thank God for the blood of Jesus, for the redemption of sins, and the desire to sincerely know Christ for my own self. Glory to Your name O God, thank You Holy Spirit-- who draws all men.

Glory.

Amen,
Whitney

Bookmark and Share

0 wise words:

Post a Comment

May the Lord bless you. And, please leave a link to your blog as well so that I can stop by and visit! ;)