Friday, January 30, 2009

5:21 a.m.

So, I'm up.
I'm always up.

I heart blogging, but as I've been able to see from browsing through some of these blogs tonight, is that I'm not like everyone else :-\ ...or should I say, my blog is not like everyone else's blog.


Using the term in a general/non-definitive sense, I don't typically "blog" about everyday happenings, nor do I blog everyday. I don't think it's necessary, unless I feel as though God is leading me to tell His people something. If I do write, I'd rather it be genuine or at least have some depth to it, ya know? For example, Jesus. I like to write about Jesus.


Now that I look at it, it's important for me to differentiate between writing and blogging. For me, "writing" is when I'll write about God and/or the Bible; substantial things. "Blogging" for me, is the daily happenings, of which include my hobbies and/or interests such as couponing, scrapbooking, photography, etc...

...Others I see forcefully constructing information to put within their blogs... they'll post a few "interesting facts" and whateverhaveyous... for what? Sounds like useless garrulousness if you ask me. I don’t want people who come here to read about God, having to sort through all of the extraneous information just to get to the “good stuff,” if you know what I mean. Lord, lead me.

I seize the opportunity of blogging because to me it's like a personal journal. I have several of these, as is... written ones, of course. And throughout my life I have had several online blogs, since I was 14. I love writing; it's what I do.

I don't write to entertain, amuse or to occupy. I write for God and to keep a record of my life for others--the generations to come. And even moreso, the offline/written journals that I have (3.7 to be exact) contain invaluable information obtained from church lectures, seminar videos, personal lessons from God (God does have a voice and He does speak to His children), and Bible study throughout the last three years that the Lord has kept me... ahh, so much love is in those journals!

I'm smiling now because I think about my children being able to one day read those and learn of God's ways; to hear a testimony of how God works in the lives of His people and specifically in the life of their mother. I love the thought of that... it brings me back to the first scripture written in my first journal since giving my life to Christ: Psalm 102:18 (NLT) says “Let this be recorded for future generations, so that a people not yet born will praise the LORD.”

I dream a lot... like, about my children and my future husband. It’s all within the parameters of God’s law, however... no lusting, fantasizing, etc (Lord, keep me in Jesus’ name). God desires us to keep ourselves pure in mind, body and spirit:

Romans 12:1 says “I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service.”

Romans 6:13 says “Neither yield ye your members as instruments of unrighteousness unto sin: but yield yourselves unto God, as those that are alive from the dead, and your members as instruments of righteousness unto God.”

By “members,” God is referring to your body, whether that be your eyes (Matthew 5:28), lips/tongue (Proverbs 15:4, 17:20), feet (Proverbs 6:18)... everything. Everything is to be kept holy.

But yeah, [day]dreaming is nice. I wonder what my kids will look like. I pray for their godly character... I pray about their upbringing and that they are educated in the ways of God. By educated, I’m praying that the Lord will further equip me and my husband to raise our children in the ways of the Lord, considering my parents didn’t do that with me and my sisters... with that being said, I have high expectations for my children and I know the Lord will lead us in the right direction:

Proverbs 22:6 says “Train up a child in the way he should go: and when he is old, he will not depart from it.”

God bless,

Mark 1:14-15.


Bookmark and Share

0 wise words:

Post a Comment

May the Lord bless you. And, please leave a link to your blog as well so that I can stop by and visit! ;)