Friday, March 20, 2009

Rejoice in the Lord with your Friends!

Today's been a great day. Peace. Everyone is happy and cheery. Yet, it is very sunny out, it is Friday annnd people are getting off work early. Perfect formula for smiley faces and pleasant attitudes. I do wish it weren't that way... like, I wish there didn't have to be specific attributes of one's day for someone to exude a friendly attitude.

Anywho, onto today's post.

Mark 5:19 says "...Go home to thy friends, and tell them how great things the Lord hath done for thee, and hath had compassion on thee."

Jesus is telling us in this passage to tell our friends, our brothers and sisters in Christ about Him and how He has done such great things for us and had mercy on us. Jesus is asking us to share our testimonies, spread the good news. Be a witness to others concerning the Lord Jesus.

For me, this can be easy and difficult.
  • Sharing Christ with my friends is difficult at times because I oftentimes want to stay humble to a certain extent. I am confident in what the Lord has done in my life, but I don't want to put everything out there sometimes because these are the issues of my heart and we are supposed to guard our hearts with all diligence. Yet, I know they will believe me because we are of the same Spirit. Other times, it's quite easy to witness Christ to my friends because we understand eachother! I'm smiling now because it's so wonderful! Like, we may not be on the same level spiritually or in the same season of life, but because we are of the same [Holy] Spirit, we understand one another. Like, if I wanted to just yell out "Thank You Jesus!" "Glory to God!!" my friends would rejoice with me. That's what I love.
  • Sharing Christ with my family is difficult at times because they are not spiritual and oftentimes cannot understand the things in which I testify about. Other times, it's pretty easy, especially if we're just coming from church and we've sat through the same message.
Concerning those that are not spiritual... continue to witness Christ as Matthew 28 The Great Commission teaches, but be careful with the issues of your heart. Matthew 7:6 says "Give not that which is holy unto the dogs, neither cast ye your pearls before swine, lest they trample them under their feet, and turn again and rend you." That's why in Mark 5:19, Jesus is telling us to go home to our friends-- our brothers and sisters in Christ, and tell them how great things the Lord hath done for thee, and hath had compassion on thee. Glory to GOD. Thank You Jesus, we can rejoice with the Saints of God and know that the angels are rejoicing with us!

Father God in Jesus' name, help us to witness of you to others and rejoice in the Lord with our brothers and sisters in Christ. Help us to have compassion on others as You do, did and have always done. Glory. In Jesus' name I pray, Amen.

Rejoice in the Lord,
Whitney

Bookmark and Share

0 wise words:

Post a Comment

May the Lord bless you. And, please leave a link to your blog as well so that I can stop by and visit! ;)